Tuesday 1 October 2013

Conservation Photography

I've been thinking a lot about how to incorporate the iPad into environmental education. I've talked with others (and I think here) about using the iPad to record images of reflective spaces or magic spots. Taking the idea from Payne and Wattchow and linking the iPad to take photos made me think that you could make your magic spot visible.  You could see how things have changed and reflect on the change either in your magic spot, or back in class.

For over two years I've known my friend Neil has been into the idea of conservation photography, but haven't made the connection.
Copyright Neil Ever Osborne - used with permission


He uses photography to highlight the importance of conserving our environment. Taking action happens in many different forms as an environmentalist.  Neil chooses to create awareness and share his passion through writing and photos. 

I wonder how we can use this as educators.  Can we engage students on a similar project, take photos of what inspires them and what they want to keep safe.  By having students share their passions through images, we can help shape the future of how we view the environment. 

What I'm looking for now is how people are using iPads to take photos.  What media are students creating to help our world? Help me out please, and check out Neil's website http://www.neileverosborne.com/   

No comments:

Post a Comment