Friday 5 December 2014

Final Project - Making Connections

AttributionNoncommercial Some rights reserved by Khánh Hmoong
I really want students to start thinking about how to make positive connections online, and then transfer those feelings into the "real" world.  I think that if we start fostering a connection before students transition into a new school we can make friendships more meaningful before students come.  We can also make deeper connections to other schools who may not be ever coming to see us.

I'm going to start this project in the new year with the grade 3 class studying migration ( I just checked my first UbD for Coetail and it was also about migration, funny huh?).




The important bit for me is making the emotional connection, the product and most of the process will be student led (I hope) because we are working on empathy and connectivism.

Here's hoping anyway, let me know if you have any ideas.

No comments:

Post a Comment